Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Konzert

Guten morgen alles!

Last night was our first concert, at a really nice venue. It was by no means a huge concert hall, it was quite small, but a nice space. We arrived there at about 4:00 (It's an hour away from Graz) and had 3 1/2 hours to relax. We all did a sound-check, and then Tracy vocalized us. There was a little cafe in the front of the building, so I was able to grab a Toast (grilled cheese with ham). I splurged and had a Kaffee-eis for dessert, because I figured the coffee (even though I really don't like coffee...) would give me a good boost of energy, which it did.

About 25 people were in the audience, which is apparently a lot in reference to past years at LAI. They were a very relaxed and peaceful crowd, mostly all friends of Tracy and Wolfgang. I sang "Die Einsame" in the first set, which went better than it has yet. The challenge for both of my songs is trying not to run out of air. "Selige Nacht" was my song in the second set, and it could have gone better, but I made it through the song without fainting. So that's good! Haha. Everyone sang wonderfully.The owner of the building advertised the concert as starting at 8:00 pm instead of 7:30 pm, so we didn't finish until after 10. Afterwards the owner provided sandwiches and wine, and then we had to head back to the Schloss in some very foggy weather. The scenery was gorgeous, though. We didn't get back to the Schloss until midnight, and I had trouble winding down, and once again woke up with the sun very very early. I've been taking mid-morning naps to try to get myself through the days, as my sleep schedule is pretty off right now.

After lunch I'm going into Graz with Val, and we're going to try to get some souvenirs. I've had so much trouble getting things for people, because we go into town in the evenings or on Sundays. The shops all close by 7 pm, and nothing is open on Sundays. So hopefully I can get some stuff. Tomorrow we have all day to do whatever we want, and then a group goodbye dinner is at 6 pm. I know a group of girls is going to Vienna, which would be awesome, but the train ride is about 2 1/2 hours, and we have to be back by 6 pm. I think I'll go into Graz again, and just enjoy the city one last time.

The concert tonight is here at the Schloss in our piano room. I'm not sure how many people will show up, but I'm guessing around 20-25 again. I think we're all anxious for the concert to be over. It's been a long and great process, but 3 1/2 weeks from home is really tough. I'm going to be happy to go home and spend the rest of the summer working and with Dan. I'm missing everyone very much!

Wish me luck tonight!
 I just loved this building. This was in Graz on our way to Mariatrost and I forgot to upload it. The buildings here are so colorful and lively!

 I have no idea where the door goes haha, but it's here at the Schloss and I just thought it was very quaint. I love how old this building is, there are so many beautiful features.

Ready to sing! This is before the concert last night. You can't tell extremely well in this picture, but my dress is a deep purple. I was so excited that it didn't get wrinkled in my suitcase! Which just made me think of how much stuff I have to pack up again...*sigh*.

Talk soon,
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment