Friday, July 1, 2011

Eine Woche!

Guten morgen!

So we have really gotten down to crunch-time here. I have 2 of my 3 songs memorized, and am for sure singing 2 of my 3 songs on the TWO final concerts. Apparently we have a concert on Tuesday in a different location, a bigger venue, and a concert on Wednesday here at the Schloss. My third song that is questionable, Selige Nacht, sits so high in my voice that my breathing is becoming difficult. So we may scratch that one, but it is a beautiful composition.

I have a voice lesson soon, and am excited to show Tracy the work I have accomplished in the past 2 days, and then I have poetry coaching after lunch, performance class, and German. I have been struggling with my German "ah" vowel, and closed "e" vowel, so we will see how my coaching with Wolfgang goes.

I've really enjoyed the experience of studying the text before learning the music. I think it is very beneficial to the singer and pianist, and helps make the text easier to express.

Yesterday I went back into Graz for dinner with a few people. We had authentic Austrian food that was so yummy. I had some cream soup and then a baked potato with lots of veggies, turkey, and sour cream. We were very full after that meal. We also had a limited amount of time to shop, because we got into town around 5:30 and shops were closing around 6:00 and 7:00. I did return to the Gummibärchen store, and also found the cutest little chocolate shop! So everything I've bought so far is edible haha.

We just had a group meeting this morning about the attitudes here at the program. There have been several dramatic incidents, and lots of "singer's egos" floating around. I was glad to see that Tracy actually typed up a "contract" that we each had to sign, basically summing up that this needs to be a positive environment. It was silly that she had to even do that, but I think it is for the best.

I miss everyone so much! I'll keep updating! One week left!
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment