Friday, June 17, 2011

Day 3

Hi all!
Yesterday I sang for the first time...it went fine. The air here is strange and I can't believe how much water I an drinking here! Everyone is of course incredibly talented, and I was especially impressed with the grad students. We also had our first German class yesterday. I have probably had more German than slot of the other students, but it's a great mix of different levels of German. And so far it has been a review of basic German stuff.
I'm sitting under a Lindenbaum (lindentree) in the beautiful courtyard here. I need to post pictures, but I'm on my iPhone right now because my laptop is dead and my power converter blew up yesterday when I plugged in my hair dryer. Oh Europe! Haha. A girl here is letting me borrow an extra converter she brought.
Last night I had Austrian bratwurst, it was delicious! The meals here are huge, but always very good. For lunch we have the choice of salmon or cheese-cabbage souffle. I dont like fish, so I'm going to give the souffle a try!

Well, it's about time for my first German diction class.
Aufwiedersehn!
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment