Thursday, June 16, 2011

I'm here!

Hi everyone!
I have arrived at Lied Austria in Graz. With some traveling issues, as always haha. Well, needless to say, the airport in D.C....Dulles...is by far the largest airport I have been in. It took me 30 minutes just to walk to my gate. And as soon as I got there, my flight was boarding. Now that flight was 9 lovely hours of being crammed next to a stranger. My connecting flight in Vienna to Graz got cancelled. So I was momentarily stranded at the airport. However, Austrian Airlines provided bus transportation to Graz. So my 30 minute flight turned into a nearly 3 hour bus ride. Fun. But I got here finally! With my luggage...which was also momentarily stranded. But all is well. I was very homesick last night, but today I feel much better. Talking to everyone here takes my mind off of home.

I had no internet until today...and that was a bit upsetting. But I called Dan last night and talked for just a little while.

Today I had a rehearsal for my first "hearing." I'm anxious to sing in front of everyone, and am singing "Verschwiegene Liebe" and "Die junge Nonne." The pianist here gave me a dirty glare when I said I was singing the Schubert song...Die junge Nonne. The accompaniment is ridiculous, and even Cindy doesn't like to play it for me.

The food so far has been great, we had vegetarian pizza last night. Breakfast is interesting...Austrians like to eat coldcuts and cheese for breakfast. I opted for an apple instead. It's lunch time, so I need to go...turkey with a mushroom sauce, I believe.

See everyone soon!
Lauren

2 comments:

  1. Found your blog on the FB - I am SO freakin' jealous that you're in another COUNTRY!! And SINGING, to Boot?! Lucky!
    K, so just wanted to warn you that there will most likely be a lot of random comments from me.
    Hope you're having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool Mal! Yeah it's a lot of fun here, 3 1/2 weeks...19 days left! :)

    ReplyDelete